Question about my breeder’s surprise

Discussion in 'General Mastiff Discussion' started by dhamby, May 14, 2020.

  1. dhamby

    dhamby New Member

    We are picking up our puppy tomorrow. We put down $1k a month and a half ago on a 3 week old fawn male. We still owe $800 at pickup. I was just told tonight from the breeder that my puppy’s color has changed from fawn to more of an apricot color. I have had so many red flags over the last month from this breeder when it comes to answering straightforward questions and I’m freaked out. Now we are picking up the puppy at a neutral location where I don’t even see the sire or dam. Wondering if I should back out and ask for a refund and start over?
  2. Boxergirl

    Boxergirl Well-Known Member

    It doesn't sound like you trust this person. I would definitely consider walking away if I didn't have full faith in my breeder. Are you comfortable sharing what breeder you're getting your pup from?
    BattleDax likes this.
  3. Loverboy Skyline

    Loverboy Skyline Active Member

    My Bullmastiff puppy turned from fawn to more of a fawn red, so I wouldn't be so worried about the color change although the other things scare me (big deposit, neutral location, not seeing parents, red flags that you got, etc.). My guess is you're not getting your deposit back, but good luck.
    BattleDax and marke like this.
  4. kingmark

    kingmark Active Member

    I just got to read your tricky situation..what have you decided in the end?
    BattleDax likes this.
  5. Boxergirl

    Boxergirl Well-Known Member

    I've been wondering too.
    BattleDax likes this.

Share This Page